Thursday, August 30, 2007

A perfect night to... bask in the rays of a TV?

So I just got back home from taking the dogs for a walk with my daughter. It is arguably the most perfect temperature outside right now. We've had a few decent evenings this summer, but this one gets my vote. Little-to-no breeze, 70 degrees, comfortable in terms of humidity... perfecto.

The sun was already down when we headed out, so by the time we headed back it was nearly dark. Walking through the 'hood, it was dark enough that the large screen TV (like the size of a wall) of this one house lit up the living room and half of the front yard. Then I noticed another. Then another. I realized that our house was about the only house "in the dark." About.

And then I realized that there was, like, nobody outside. Everyone was in their living rooms, squinting at their moving walls, getting a TV tan. For six or seven blocks–nobody but me, my daughter, two dogs and the crickets.

How sad. August is almost out of wick. The number of perfect evenings are few, and then its about a four or five month wait.

So, for tonight anyway, I'm glad I don't have a TV that could double as a billboard.

No comments:

 
weewar.com corner