Sunday, August 26, 2007

The NEW Helio "Total Happiness Guarantee"

It is now August 26.

You may want to read my post "Stranded in the Ocean" first. But a quick recap for those of you keeping score at home: ordered phones from Helio in May, canceled in June within the 30 day trial period, still have the devices and a growing file of records from my phone calls to Helio.

I just spent 44 minutes and 27 seconds on the phone with Helio for my 6th call to get this one issue resolved. With each call I have been keeping a note of the time, date, person I've talked to, etc. So here's round 6, and I've still made no progress.

Helio offers a "Total Happiness Guarantee (middle of the page, toward the bottom)." So you order their products and, if not satisfied, return them within 30 days for a full refund. I called for the first time on June 11 to cancel my account. We're closing in on a full 3 months since that call and I have yet to receive the mysterious RMA slips that I need to return the devices for credit.

Each of the 6 times I have called I have spoken with girl service reps, all sounding about 18 years old. I just spoke with a supervisor, Jackie. She sounded 20ish, though the way she was arguing with me she may still be in high school. She is an unprofessional smart alec. She also struggled with finding the word "expedite," though its quite possible they are not allowed to use such a dirty word at Helio.

So what sucks is the fact that I cannot receive my refund until Helio receives the devices. I cannot send the devices until I receive the RMA slips from Helio. And Helio can't seem to figure out a way to get the RMA slips to my house, though the devices made it here without 6 additional calls.

I am totally not happy. They can't guarantee happiness. So, I will give you the "New Helio Total Happiness Guarantee" from a Helio customer's perspective. The new guarantee is much shorter, too. If you want a guarantee that Helio will make you happy, don't do business with them. Done.

Tell your family. Tell your friends.

Helio: Korean for ridiculous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey it's not for everyone in every area, this is true in your case where you had no reception at work or at home, they are a farily new company that is still growing, as for me I live in the city, so I don't have a problem with the reception at all, and I believe that they are an awesome phone service. Customer Service on the other hand, is horrible. They are tons of sites out there explaining od such encounters, for example a guy on www.heliocity.com shares his same respect for Helio's CS in the main forum, he had a similar problem.

Anonymous said...

imitates edinburghin auran emulsion improvement toolbarsthe emphasized minutesiii lobbying touched endofbooks
lolikneri havaqatsu

 
weewar.com corner