Friday, July 20, 2007

Becoming a Devil: Orientation tomorrow

devil_m_84
devil_m_84,
originally uploaded by lyndonperry.
So tomorrow I am going to orientation at Eureka College, home of the Red Devils. I start this August on a 22-month track to finish up my bachelor degree. I've known of Eureka College for a long time, but I didn't really know much. When I discovered the particular program I'm going through, Organizational Leadership, I started digging in to become familiar with the school.

I find it amusing that the school mascot is a Red Devil, especially with the fact of how the school was founded:

Eureka College, a liberal arts and science institution, affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), exists to cultivate excellence in learning, service, and leadership. The College fosters...


Fun stuff. It isn't a Christian college, yet still affiliated.

"Where shall we send our little Annie to school, Ralph?"

"That's a no brainer, Ethel. Let's send her off to Eureka to be a devil."

I've been called a devil before. Now I'll have a hoody and a senior ring with a logo to prove it.

No comments:

 
weewar.com corner