Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A blog about eating (plants)

More than likely if you are reading this you've been invited. If you've been invited, I know you. If I've invited you and I know you, you probably know that Nicola and I went vegan in the spring of 2006. The main catalyst was Nicola's health, though I needed a tune-up, too.

We have both become much healthier in that time. A lot of people have noticed. Some want to know why, and some of the some are intrigued by our choice and the impact it has had on both of us. So we find ourselves talking, often, about why we switched, what information lead us to that decision, how we got started, what foods we buy, where we shop, what recipes we use... and so on.

We want to keep talking about this with people. It reminds us each time, which helps keep us on track. But we also want to share the information because we know first hand how dramatic the change has been for us. People see the difference, but the bigger impact is what can't be seen. That's the real stuff. The improved focus, sleep, blood pressure readings to name a few. So we are not looking for an out to person to person discussion.

But (prolly shouldn't start a paragraph with a but), we have also decided that it would be very helpful to have a blog going about our experience. We want to link people to the info that got us up and running. We want to link people with books, podcasts, news, recipes, and other web goodness about eating plants. The blog will only be about the health aspect of vegetarianism. We're really vegan, but only in our diet. We don't know, follow or promote the lifestyle of veganism except for how it pertains to food, diet and personal health.

Maybe you didn't know we have been doing the vegan thing. I will detail the whole meal deal, but I'm saving it for the as-of-yet-unnamed blog. This is where you come in.

I've got ideas for what to call the veg blog. I'd like your input. It needs to be about plant, food, health, etc. Take a moment, if I may ask of you, to take the poll. If I have other ideas in the meantime I will post them here.

No comments:

 
weewar.com corner