Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Me and my "A"

I finally got myself edumacated. Tonight I took a final exam for an online summer class through Illinois Central College. Upon completion of this course I now have the required number of total credits, 64, and the required classes necessary for an Associate Degree in Arts and Science.

Not unusual. Until you consider that in two weeks my high school class will gather for a reunion. The twenty year reunion.

Let's recap. I'm two weeks away from a 20 year reunion with my high school mates, and yet I just... now... crossed... the finishline... for my Associate....... Degree.

Eesh.

So I start at Eureka College in about 3 weeks, and this time I will finish 2 years worth of degree in 2 years. The way it should have been done all those years ago. Actually I finish in under 2 years, because its five straight semesters. No breaks. But I say yeay and amen to that.

Twenty years and several jobs later (with holes in my resume), I'm finally on the other side.

Kids, go to college after high school. Like, right after. Parents, tell your kids to go to college after high school. Like, right after.

Oh, and as a little good-bye kiss to my first 2 years of college, I got an "A" in the class. I needed ninety points on a 100-point final and I got ninety. On the dot. Nothing like racing to the bus and just barely getting on before it pulls away. My heart is racing, but I'm on the bus. Me and my "A."

No comments:

 
weewar.com corner